Welcome to A Colorful Universe, we are a full walk-in art studio. We offer painting pottery, warm glass fusion, clay wheel and canvas classes and with appointments, clay impressions. We are located in the heart of San Elijo Hills, San Marcos CA in the Albertson’s shopping center
Walk-ins are Welcome 7 days a week from 10a.m-6p.m.
Thursday, Friday and Saturday open later with reservations.
- How it works: $6 Studio Fee + Piece of Ceramic
- Studio Fee: (Check out our Daily Deals!)
- All of your paints, supplies, glazing (that makes it shiny), and firing (that makes it permanent) are included with the purchase of a piece.
- We have a friendly staff waiting to assist you and demonstrate new techniques upon request. There is no cleanup or time limit, which means if you don’t finish you can take your piece home and bring it back another day at no addition cost. There are no paint limitations. We are very causal art studio; part of the experience is picking out your own paints. All our paints are non-toxic and dishwasher safe!
- Step 1: Pick your bisque from our variety of all shapes and sizes. Bisque (noun) refers to ware which has been fired once and has no chemically bonded water left in the clay.
- Step 2: Design and paint it. Here at A Colorful Universe we have a variety of colors to choose from. There is no paint limitation. We have a wall of basic techniques, a sample book for inspiration and a friendly staff waiting to assist.
- Step 3: Leave your piece for us to Glaze and Firer. Our firing dates are Mondays and Pick up is Thursday after 2:00. Exceptions can be made for firing dates. Please check with Manger.